Thank you for your interest in ASI’s education programs at Creamer’s Field!
- Please arrange your bus and confirm your arrival time with Tricia at the Alaska Songbird Institute. Remember that the field trip lasts approximately 2.25 hours. We can start as soon you can get to Creamer’s Field.
- Discuss proper footwear & clothing with your students. Mornings on the refuge are often chilly and can be damp. Students will be walking outside for most of their visit regardless of the weather.
- Arrange chaperones. Please bring at least one adult for every 8 students.
- Please let us know if your students have any allergies or other medical conditions we should know about prior to coming out in the field.
- Download and print the Creamer’s Field Student Activity Book. The book can be used to prepare your students and to follow up on your trip to Creamer’s. Limited print copies may be available for pick up prior to your program. Please contact Mark Ross at 459-7301 to inquire.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR PROGRAM:
- We will meet your bus at the pullout just before the Creamer’s Farmhouse. Look for ADF&G staff to greet you.
- Ensure your students are prepared with proper footwear and warm clothing.
- Please remember the program fee is $50 PER CLASS. The fee is due on the day of your program. We accept cash, check, or school credit card. Make checks payable to ALASKA SONGBIRD INSTITUTE. You will receive a receipt. Thank you! Your funds directly support the work of the Alaska Songbird Institute.
- If it is raining (or snowing!), bird banding will be canceled. However, we offer an alternative program. The schedule is completely booked and so rescheduling is not an option. If you prefer to cancel, please contact us as soon as possible. Even if banding is cancelled, we try to spend as much time as possible OUTSIDE! Please help your students remember to come prepared.
PRIOR TO THE DAY OF YOUR PROGRAM, please do not hesitate to contact Tricia at email@example.com or (907) 888-2121.
If you have questions of concerns THE DAY OF YOUR PROGRAM, please call Mark Ross in the Creamer’s Farmhouse at (907) 459-7301.
THANK YOU! We look forward to seeing you & your students out at Creamer’s Field!